Social Security Disability (SSDI) Attorneys
There are not many life events more stressful than suffering a medical condition that prevents you from working. Social Security Disability benefits are intended to help people in this situation support themselves while dealing with their health concerns. At Costello & Mains, LLC, our disability attorneys take pride in fighting for and obtaining the SSD benefits our clients are entitled to. Our lawyers understand the complex rules and regulations surrounding the disability benefits application process. We use that knowledge to help people like you get the benefits you deserve. If you are considering applying for disability, or beginning the appeal process after a denial, call the lawyers of Costello & Mains, LLC for a free consultation to discuss your situation.
What Is Social Security Disability Insurance?
SSD or SSDI (not to be confused with Supplemental Security Income) is a federal insurance program managed by the Social Security Administration. It is designed to provide income supplements to Americans who are restricted (physically, psychologically, or emotionally) from working due to disability. The criteria for eligible disabilities are set by the government. You may be considered disabled under Social Security regulations if:
- Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death
- You cannot do the work that you did before the disability
- The government decides that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s)
How Costello & Mains Helps People Like You Every Day
Our firm has decades of experience fighting for and defending the rights of New Jersey residents and US citizens around the country. Hiring a disability attorney has many benefits and can significantly increase your chances of being approved for disability income. Here’s how our team can help you apply or appeal for Social Security Disability coverage:
- We provide counsel and personalized advice on the law, SSD requirements, and eligibility for benefits through the SSDI program
- We review medical records and your health history to determine if more evidence is needed to support your claim
- We gather and present the evidence to support your claim, either through medical records, doctor’s statements or both
- We can help you practice and prepare for the hearing
- We make a determination on whether expert witnesses are needed, and if so, make the necessary arrangements
- We assemble letters of support from loved ones and other relevant stakeholders that can support your claim
- We can help if your claim is denied, determining the best next steps to appeal the denial
Take The First Step In Protecting Your Livelihood
Social Security Disability becomes necessary in a variety of situations. In every case, it is important to seek experienced and caring counsel that will guide you through the process and look out for you and your family’s needs. To schedule your free case review, call us at 866-944-3371 or contact us online.