Christopher M. Emrich
Christopher Emrich focuses his practice on representing injured workers in New Jersey. He has been practicing workers' compensation law since 2012, initially representing employers at two mid-size law firms in Mt. Laurel and Haddonfield. He is proud to put his knowledge of defense tactics to work on behalf of hardworking employees who have been injured on the job. Having appeared in every workers' compensation court in the Garden State, he has the litigation experience necessary to go to bat for clients whenever their benefits have been unjustly denied. In addition to litigating, Mr. Emrich has given presentations to attorneys, activist groups, and union organizers, including updates on developments in workers' compensation law in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Chris graduated from Rowan University with a bachelor's degree in American Studies in 2006 before earning a JD from Rutgers-Camden School of Law in 2009. Prior to entering private practice, he completed a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Lawrence P. De Bello in Superior Court in Trenton, New Jersey.
Chris was born and raised in South Jersey and currently resides in Collingswood with his wife, children, and English bulldog. He is a diehard Philadelphia sports fan, avid reader, baseball coach, and is part of the leadership team of Cooper River Indivisible, a local progressive activism group.
- New Jersey, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2009
- Pennsylvania, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2010
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 05/2009
- Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey
- B.A. - 08/2006
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: American Studies
- The Playboy Defense in Philadelphia: How Pennsylvania Continues to Thwart Fair and Effective Sexual Assault Prosecutions by Refusing to Admit Expert Testimony about Rape Trauma Syndrome, Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy 3, 6, 2009
Honors and Awards
- First Place and Top Ten Brief, Rutgers-Camden Hunter Moot Court Competition
- Rutgers-Camden National Moot Court Team
- Symposium Editor, Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Rutgers-Camden Pro Bono Publico Award
- The Center for Forensic Economic Studies Award for Excellence in Litigation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, Present
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association, Member, Present