Kevin Michael Costello Esquire
Kevin Costello was admitted to the Bar in 1991 and is a founding Member of Costello & Mains, LLC, a full-state Employment, Complex Personal Injury, School Bullying, Worker's Compensation and Civil Rights trial firm in Mount Laurel. He's one of the approximately just under 3% (as of 2016) of trial lawyers Certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court. He's a former President of the New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ) and a former member of the American Association for Justice's (AAJ) Council of Presidents.
Kevin is a founding and present Chair of NJAJ's Employment Section, is the present PAC Chair and a past Education Foundation Chair for NJAJ, and has served as an NJAJ officer since 2011. He has also served as a CLE faculty member for NJAJ for decades, and on the NJAJ Board of Governors since 2006 and is a present Chair of the NJAJ Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee.
Kevin is a present Trustee of the Camden County Bar Association, is a founding and past Chair of the CCBA's Labor & Employment Committee, has served as a Chair for multiple state and local bar association committees, and has chaired or served as a speaker for in excess of 70 CLE events on trial work, employment, complex personal injury, school rights and civil rights. Kevin is presently the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Chair for CCBA Committee and, as well, a Chair of the Civil Rights Committee for CCBA.
Kevin has made numerous appearances on local and national radio and television to discuss employment and civil rights and has been published on dozens of occasions on the same subjects. He's spoken often to organized labor organizations, civic groups, advocacy groups and professional associations on civil and employment rights.
He's been named to the Million Dollar Advocates' Forum as well as to the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates' Forum, has been awarded the Roosevelt Nesmith Civil Rights Award by the Southern Burlington County NAACP, the "Champions of Equality" Award" by Garden State Equality, has been named a "Super Lawyer" in Employment Law for fifteen consecutive years, a "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" by The National Trial Lawyers' Association, and has been given a "BV Distinguished Rating in Legal Ability and Ethics Standards" and "BV Distinguished Peer Rating" by Martindale-Hubbell.
Kevin lives in South Jersey with his wife, Sonia, college-student son, Brennan, and two labradoodles who keep everyone on their toes.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney, 2002-Present
- New Jersey
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1991
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Best Oral Advocate Award
- Honors: Transnational Law Journal Membership
- Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1988
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Roosevelt Nesmith Civil Rights Award, Southern Burlington County NAACP, 2014
- “Champions of Equality” Award, Garden State Equality, 2006
- SJ Magazine “Rising Stars, Top Lawyer Under 40,” published by Thomas Reuters 2006
- SJ Magazine “Super Lawyers,” published by Thomas Reuters 2007 - 2020
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers,” The National Trial Lawyers’ Association 2010-2015
- 2015 and 2016 “BV Distinguished Rating in Legal Ability and Ethics Standards” By Martindale-Hubbell
- 2011 10 Year “BV Distinguished Peer Rating” by Martindale-Hubbell
Included on the 2021 New Jersey list
- 2020 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2017 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2016 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2015 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2014 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2013 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2012 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2011 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2010 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2009 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2008 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2007 superlawyers.com Super Lawyers list
- 2006 superlawyers.com Super Lawyers list